PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Subscription, One time payment, or both?
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-19, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Re: Subscription, One time payment, or both?

Originally Posted by Noivad View Post
I'll pay $15 usd each month for a premium account. Thats 180 USD x 2 one for wife. $360 usd a year.
discounted for 3, 6 and 12 months would be nice.

Outfit Leader Wise, I'll pay a one time fee to customise my outfit look so no other outfit has it. Talking about Uniforms and Vehicles.

I would even pay if I could have a Custom Logo for my outfit designed by me or a member to put on uniforms and equipment..

I would pay to change the logo or the look if I wanted to change it.

I would pay a one time fee for a Status board that I could customize for my Outfit to use with a simple interface that would allow me to pick and choose the API for Stats.

I would pay for a System like eve online that allowed me as OL to give customized medals to indivuals in my outfit.

I small 1 time fee to have a Duty roster - MTOE - Major Table Organization Equipment,
that I could slot indivuals into specfic roles I deem necessary for my outfit.

I would pay for a specfic weapon design unit issued to my units.

Since I will most likely have two accounts, my wife always has my back even in RL, she is devasting with a Glock .

I would expect she would pay, with my money for custumazation of Avatars. if that will be avail in more debt then just changing the color of a uniform - I liked what Sony did with DCUO -

I would pay a casual low fee somewhere between 3 and 6 usd for specialized customized side grades and upgrades.

I do not support buying XP or XP boosts. People who do not play often should not expect to get more experience without playing the game. Makes those of us who do play longer hours feel cheated. An example with that is when I started playing eve online all skill points were earned - not given for free. You had a feeling of accomplishment. When eve started giving new players skill books and skill points it was as if all the ones who started with nothing had wasted their time. When you give away XP for cash its degrading to the people who did it the hard wat . World of Tanks has a name for them.
We call them Wallet Warriors.

A casual payment system for the part time player would do as well.

you could probally charge for name, and stat changes, but I would like to see an incdicator of how many times a person does it.

I would expect that purchases for my outfit would be perm, not temp.
Noivad for president of the world.

I think that a subscription should get you bits and pieces. For the sake of argument let's say that paying a sub of 15$ a month gets you x station cash (at a pennies to the dollar rate, not an amount equal to 15$) each month. It could also give you tokens that could be spent on things such as a character having OL abilities. These tokens would be permanently applied to individual characters.

Tokens could be used to purchase all of the above, but you might only get a set number per month you paid your subscription. Or just allow station cash to be used to purchase stuff, and the sub could just give you x amount of station cash similar to how CoH is set up. You had the ability to buy more points if you wanted to make purchases, but you always accumulated points just for paying a sub.