PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New Conglomerate Junior Divison
View Single Post
Old 2015-02-11, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DeathsVirgin
Private

Post Chapter 3: The Advance

A lot happened in the next 4 months.

I got myself some composite armor, upgraded my rifle to an EM1, my pistol to a Commissioner, and got some new blue camo.

Our team has become so much better at combat, as well as teamwork and trust.

My relationship with Marie has progressed, as she is my girlfriend now. I do really like her, and she makes a great battle buddy, as well as just sitting and talking about life.

Also, thanks to both Platoons of the Juniors from the NCJD (Platoons A and B) our strategic teamwork led to the capturing of three techlabs. All Junior and Senior squad leaders of the NCJD were given their own dorms.

There was a conflict that came out of this saying that we were acting Terran-ish, giving people of higher status better privileges, but it quickly simmered when the rooms were as small as the infantry's individual dorm rooms.

That offended so many of us, me included. The guys who said that totally got their assses kicked. The officers and generals are nowhere near similar to the Terran military leaders.

The Terran leaders get the fanciest and most exquisite foods and wine. Meat and alcohols preserved thousands of years from Earth. General Hicks eats veggie-burgers and filtered water with us in the public canteen. While the Terran leaders live lives of comfort, without setting a foot on the battlefield, Commander Bri Love is always out in combat leading us, and fighting alongside us. In NC, no matter our rank, gender, race, we are all equals. That's something Terran will never have.

The good thing about the rooms is that Marie likes to come over to "have some fun" if you know what I mean. Aside from that, I can just sit down, and think, or plan out strategies and formations for the squad.

Recently, big news hit. My squad became the second best squad in the NCJD, next to the alumni 1st Generation's Delta Squad of Platoon D. Their average KD ratio was about 10-1, while we're at 7-1. Me, my KDR is about 4-1 average; 367 kills and 92 deaths.

I have to say though. These past four months have changed me. I've seen some horrific stuff, as well as endured it.

I watched as Jerome get his head torn clean off by the strength of a Vanu MAX, spine still attached. Then it was used like a rock on a rope to beat us and then we were shot to death.

I was kissing Marie one time, after our Platoon secured a base. A terran sniper literally shot her entire brain out and her blood spurted into my mouth. Brain particles went flying all over me. I looked upon her fallen corpse and saw the baseball sized hole in her head with no brain. I vomited and cried on the spot.

I remember, a Terran heavy assault pinned my down with his Flash on Esamir. He had his studded snow tires on, and proceeded to sand my entire head off. Very Painful but relaxing as the studs grated the part of my brain controlling nerve receptors.

Sarah once had her neck snapped 180 degrees by a Vanu assassin. Her back was to us, about to make another sarcastic smart-ass remark. The Infiltrator uncloaked and as her body stood facing forward, her head jerked a half revolution and looked to us. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and her mouth gaped open.

We were burned to death when We hopped on our exit Galaxy. A few Vanu heavies got us with Lock-On's and the inferno consumed us like an oven before exploding on ground impact.

We witnessed the terrible gang rape of a Vanu recruit by Terran Generals. She was probably around 17 to 19. We wasted them and let the traumatized girl.

I had my throat slit by a Vanu Infiltrator. It was so painful as I bled to death and choked on my own blood. Homicidal nanites invaded my cells and nerves and ate them. I gurgling in pain as Marie screamed for a medic in tears. In 20 seconds, I was gone.

Adrian and Quinn were literally ripped into chunks of meat when a Terran MAX with double chain guns discovered them.

Our Valkyrie was about to get shot down on Esamir so we all had to jump to our deaths. Except that I landed on a Auraxium Spike, and was impaled. As I slid down my body was ripped in two.

Horrific stuff.

Anyways, the NCJD building combined with the main NC military building into an even bigger base.

Now a commander, Doe Downs selected me to be his apprentice just two days ago.

I am sleeping.

"Aye, Freddy! Get up! We've got a fight! Get ready in 10 or we're leaving without you!" he booms, bursting into my room. I scramble out of my bed and assemble my uniform. I take a few minutes putting on my composite armor.

I sprint to the armory and from my locker, I grab my EM1, my Shrike Rocket Launcher, and my Commissioner Revolver. I head over to the Ammo dispensary and take a few mags and a backpack load of shells. Then I head to the public med-room and collect some med-kits.

I sprint back upstairs and see Alpha Squad of Platoon A, 3rd Infantry Division, waiting for me.

"OK, here's our guy, we'll talk along the way. The Crown's waiting for us" Commander Downs says.

The Crown!!! I've heard so many epic war stories about The Crown even when I was a kid. Vets told all sort of awesome tales back on Yuris.

"So what's you're name kid?" A female Engineer asks.

"Uh... Cadet Frederick Blake ma'am," I reply. "Squad Leader of Bravo Squad, Platoon A. NC Junior Division"

"So you're the apprentice huh?" a light assault starts, "Timmy Quell." He lets out a hand. I shake the death grip.

Do they all shake like they're trying to break your hand?

We keep doing introductions until we pass by the rec room. Someone calls my name.

"Freddy!" they call chasing after me.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask. It's Marie.

She begins rustling my uniform. "You didn't think I'd let you go without a kiss did you?" she says in a flirty tone.

I'm totally embarrassed as the entire squad is snickering.

I kiss her for a good five seconds and retract. They are all woohoo-ing and whistling.

"Stay safe," she says leaving. "And kick some ass for me!"

"Pshh, I will babe" I say.

"Whoa Blake, who was that?" Downs asks in a teasing tone.

"It was my girlfriend, now calm down," I say nonchalantly.

"Eh, beats a fleshlight and thousand year old Earth Playboy magazines," says Medic Marco.

We "ew" at his crude comment.

"I gotta ask though, kid,"do you love her?" The Engineer, Gretchen asks.

There is silence as I think.

"Y-yea..." A weak response.

"I've loved her since the day I laid eyes on her" I rephrase. "Those days where you really need someone, I know I have her. She has me too."

"Try to keep it that way. You've got a good thing going on. We don't really do any loving in these times, well except for Mr. Fleshlight over there," she says, "but ever since our ancestors came to Auraxis, love has just died out. We're faced with so many political, economical, and military problems that emotions die with us. We need to all learn to love again. Not just as individuals, but as a race, with the slight exception of those Vanu freaks. My point is, no one knows what love is, not anymore, so cherish it."

"That was f***in' beautiful" says Engineer Liam.

"Yea man. Aye Gretch, how bout dinner with me when we get back then?" asks Heavy Assault Brody.

"Mmmmmm, I'll think about it," Gretchen says teasingly.

"Don't worry Brody. That's totally a yes," says medic Jessica.

We go all the way down to the ground level where Galaxies are waiting to take The entire four platoons of the 3rd Infantry Division.

"So what's the plan?" I ask.

"The Platoons A and B are going to take a giant convoy of tanks, sundies, harassers, you name it. Were taking those to the Crown. C and D are taking the air fleet there. Get ready to double up."

"Sh*t. 24 people in a Gal?" says MAX Toby.

"Yep," say Downs. "We'll land in the warpgate, get our convoy as C and D wait."

"Fear the NC Zerg!" soldiers begin to cheer. We begin stomping on the ground and yelling.

"FEAR THE NC ZERG!!!"