PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Dual wield pistols yes or no?
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-03, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #111
Hypevosa
Sergeant

Re: Dual wield pistols yes or no?

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
I'm glad we were able to come to an amicable agreement on the matter.

I can tell you're a person that enjoys a real challenge, and I'm sure you'll find that working as a member of a sharpshooter team will pose difficulties in communication, coordination, sustained accuracy, timing, and enemy identification and movement prediction far above and beyond simply aiming your cursor at the right place and instantly killing a guy who couldn't reasonably have been expected to know you existed.
As long as there's actual communication, and our pings aren't horrendous, it really shouldn't be hard at all and will amount to 1 hit kills - we are talking about hitting a punching bag now and not a pop can.

Originally Posted by Bravix View Post
No, I guess I just missed the part where there's any logic behind that.

Since you seem to agree that pistols shouldn't be as good as a primary weapon, why would you give up your primary to have two (relatively) weak pistols at substantially decreased accuracy?
In the close range game I see it as dropping a shield and killing faster when in close range (not mid range) than an SMG since the accuracy of the SMG is for naught within 15 feet, and dual wielding at that range shouldn't result in tons of missed shots. A shotgun would still be more effective, but you lose its usefulness once the target has begun to flee, where having the dual pistols you could still ping them due to the higher firing rate, and switch to single faster than putting away a shotgun for the kill shots once they're far enough away.

Basically, the shotgun dominates close range, the dual pistols dominate close range changing to midrange, and smgs dominate midrange. The dual pistols kinda fill the transition between close and midrange due to their capabilities.