PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside Idea Lab
View Single Post
Old 2004-10-10, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #512
Hayoo
Contributor
PS Idea Lab

Originally Posted by Sobekeus
But without it, it really isn't ownership.
Bingo. Now you're getting it. The concept doesn't allow "ownership" of continent bases at all. You have ownership of Sanctuary barracks instead. Landlord-like ownership of Gunuku and whatnot is pure silliness. You'd have competition between outfits rather than cooporation. You'd have expensive maintenance, but you'd loose the base in a few hours. Small outfits wouldn't have a chance to keep one. And if the devs buffed defense so much so that an outfit could keep a base for any length of time, the game would grind to a halt. Best to leave full ownership completely out of it, bury the thing, burn it, cut it up into little pieces, tie it to two semi-trucks, and drown it in the river to rot.

.....did you read the article by chance?

To me the Air Cruisers thing I made up on the OF is far easier and much better all around overall.
Air Cruisers are a different concept altogether, so I don't see how one has to do with the other, other than the notion of Outfits getting them.

Originally Posted by Sobekeus
Tbh, I would prefer getting rid of bases across the maps and changing towers to be the lattice.

Last edited by Hayoo; 2004-10-10 at 07:26 PM.