PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Nexus Battle Island Revealed
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-01, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Nexus Battle Island Revealed

the video says "vast interior areas"...

would be interesting to see, if these interior areas now matter for a fight, or if it´s just meaningless rooms again, and there are still stupid spawncamptainers in the open.

but i guess we will not get to play on those battle islands before hossin, right?

shame, they can´t put them on the testserver for everyone to have a look.
because they could only make them available through warpgate terminal, leaving one faction without access.
they could clone thw island and make one available for each faction to walk around, but there would be no enemies (for at least one faction)

on the "not sure how to put it ingame" thing...
put a small contestable (or open and unowned) warpgate in the middle of esamir and amerish. each connecting to one of the battle island gates. the owner of nexud can start invasions on those 2 conts from the middle now.

easy to upgrade when new continents or battle islands go live.

or change every continent to 4 warpgates in the corners. 3 faction gates (until continental game makes this dynamic) and one nexus gate. yes, it doesn´t come out right because we now only have 3 conts, so one warpgate is left out of order, or the warpgates take turns for the battle island, like they do for factions right now.

i think of the islands like the caves in ps1.
make their access gates rotate and give them a big advantage to earn. like the modules in ps1. i don´t give a shit about esports, so don´t you dare to drop the opportunity to use those things for some kind of meta game!

the caves were not loved by many, but the cavelovers really had fun, getting out the modules, and the rest of the faction appreciated it, when some outfit came up from the deep with a bunch of modules that would help turning the tide.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!