PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Nexus Battle Island Revealed
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-01, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Re: Nexus Battle Island Revealed

on the "not sure how to put it ingame" thing...
put a small contestable (or open and unowned) warpgate in the middle of esamir and amerish. each connecting to one of the battle island gates. the owner of nexud can start invasions on those 2 conts from the middle now.

easy to upgrade when new continents or battle islands go live.

or change every continent to 4 warpgates in the corners. 3 faction gates (until continental game makes this dynamic) and one nexus gate. yes, it doesn´t come out right because we now only have 3 conts, so one warpgate is left out of order, or the warpgates take turns for the battle island, like they do for factions right now.

i think of the islands like the caves in ps1.
make their access gates rotate and give them a big advantage to earn. like the modules in ps1. i don´t give a shit about esports, so don´t you dare to drop the opportunity to use those things for some kind of meta game!
This would be much more acceptable since it'd at least flow somewhat with the current game. It's the whole building of some gimmicky Battle Island that has totally disconnected entry functionality and separate character progression that makes it feel inconsistent.

Maybe to encourage outfit vs. outfit have the queue priority favor those who are in an outfit over pubbies squads, and pubbie squads over lone wolves. In addition, display which outfits and what % they make up of the roster when you're at the warp console.