PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 ruined Battlefield
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-05, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Kerrec
Master Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 ruined Battlefield

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
I personally feel that a round ending in BF4 has far more meaning than taking a base in PS2 that has no meaning after I walk away from it.
+1

Personally, I think most people just WANT to bash BF. For those that truly want "metagame", there are Battlefield community run options like:

http://global-conflict.org/whatisgc.php

So you get the satisfaction of a balanced round, assigned duties (tank drivers, helicopter pilots, jet pilots, infantry, etc...) and an actual WIN/LOSS result.

I came to PS2 from BF3. I now no longer play PS2 for exactly the reason that Assist described above, and I am not playing BF4 either. So I'm not posting as a fanboi of either game/franchise.

P.S.
Massive scale is nice and all, but from my experience, the majority of battles end up lopsided for one side, which is not fun. OR there are so many people that everything lags/frame rates plummet and a no-man's land forms where anyone trying to push forward is quickly annihilated.

Too many people post crap because they need the reassurance that the game they play is "the best game".