PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Continent Ideas
Thread: Continent Ideas
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-08, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
FriarFin
Private

Re: Continent Ideas

What I would like is a continent almost entirely composed of volcanoes, basalt and volcanic activity. This won't just be a volcano every 3 feet, the biggest volcano will be at the centre of the continent, with a lonely resource refining facility clinging off the side.
Since the continent is half-molten and slightly unstable, it is taking resources from the planets core and forcing them to the surface, making facility's near or around a volcano or lava stream worth more than those in barren lava plains.
Facility's may be on top or above a volcanoes rim, with a few spots where you could fall down and kill yourself in lava, or on the side, with a single lonely road leading up for vehicle movement. (BTW this brings up a point: If there is lava in PS2, how will it work? It shouldn't be an insta-kill, i think that it could lower your shields and health rapidly.)
the area between volcanoes will be composed of basalt plains, jagged rocky regions, and lava rivers.

And bonus points for SOE if every so often, a volcano erupts, sewing lava everywhere and spilling black soot out, making artificial night.