PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A10-5800K APU, Anybody Tried it yet?
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-22, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: A10-5800K APU, Anybody Tried it yet?

Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
Yep, it's not up it alone. I managed to make the game run the game couple of times yseterday but it crashes soon. Or it could be something with Wine since i'm on ubuntu or it could be the game itself... but i doubt it. There are some weird flickers on the main screen so it's gotta to be that this integrated card can't manage it on it's own (talking about low settings of course).

TLDR: not playable.

p.s. also if anyone knows what would work good for ps2 with this card. i heard that crossfire can behave badly on some games and become a nuisance rather than good thing.... but still it seems a waste not to use that potential if it can work fine. what discrete card would you recomend with it (low mid end class)?
No attempts with Windows at all? I read the laptop version was playable is all, even Llano was and I think Trinity would do at least as well.

For crossfire if you are using that 5800K, I think the top card you can use crossfire with is the 6670. No idea on how good the APU crossfire is either or if it even supports PS2. Sounds like normal crossfire does now though.