PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Saddam is finally.....
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-08, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Re: Saddam is finally.....

Originally Posted by Giovanni View Post
Let's look at it this way... he can have more then one wife.
Not true. I've got a friend and an ex-girlfriend who are Mormons and would be pretty pissed to see you say that.

It's those whackos from the Polygamist Mormon Fundamentalist movement (FLDS Church and other similar sects) that practice polygamy, or having more than one wife. True Mormons (of the official Latter-Day Saints Church) do not practice polygamy, and exocommunicate any member who practices it. In fact, they refuse to even refer to Mormon fundamentalists as Mormons, instead calling them only "polygamist sects" because by being polygamistic they are breaking Mormon religious law, which banned polygamy in 1890. Thus, they don't consider polygamists to be Mormon at all.

Besides, hanging is a lot nicer death than some of the ways thousands of people died at his hands.

So, yeah, just had to set that straight. I remind you, I'm a pretty hardcore atheist, but my ex-gf used to get pretty pissed when ppl joked about polygamy in connection with her being Mormon.

Its sorta like the Westboro Baptist Church. Those are the Christians that carry signs like "Thank God for dead soldiers" and parade around outside soldiers funerals. They believe that God is punishing the world because of homosexuals. When Hurricane Katrina hit, they praised God for punishing America for tolerating gays. Same thing with our soldiers dying, they think its divine retribution from God and should be praised. No real, sane Christian wants to be associated with that, I'm sure.

Anyhow... back to topic, class is over!

So... what do you folks think about Blair's condemnation of the Saddam hanging? I think it's kinda ridiculous, since we're supposed to be letting Iraq deal with him in their own way, and they chose to hang him. Certainly not the most humane way of execution, but if we'd had him lethally injected, Iraqis would have been pissed for outside interference in the trial.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2007-01-08 at 08:54 PM.