PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-14, 04:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Re: New Patch Notes - Test Sever 13-06-13

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Those thresholds are for securing or losing the 'lock' benefits and are unrelated to alerts. I'll make sure the notes are updated to be more clear on that point.

Terminology changed to be more accurate. You're dominating the continent and getting a benefit. Previously it was all-or-nothing, now it's easier to get a lock and to deny it.
Who cares?

Any word on when we're going to get more continents and a more dynamic endgame (not sure if that's the best word)?

I suspect what this will do is finally take away any hint of pride factions have in holding a continent lock for a long time. The bonuses are already pretty pointless... but I do remember caring when NC fought hard to hold on to it's Indar continent lock for a week... the last stand battles were probably the most 'urgent' things I've done in this game in a year of playing.

After this patch... that's a done deal. There won't be any epic last stands... if your'e low on population - not much you'll be able to do, just trading 10% bonuses back and forth... (yawn).