PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Quick question
Thread: Quick question
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-06, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

Re: Quick question

You guys, he's not asking which empire to join, stop saying one empire is going to lose and trying to recruit him. It's disrespectful and frankly, somewhat sickening.

All empires are created equal, as much as I hate to say it. I'm Vanu, but I'll try to give you an unbiased answer.

The way I was always told was that the TR favor fast-firing and weak weapons (like automatic rifles and machine guns), NC like hard-hitting and slow weapons (like shotguns and mag pistols), and VS favor accurate weapons and quick, agile vehicles (like laser guns and hovertanks).

I've tried all the empires in the first game. They're all very fun, and it's pretty much up to personal preference. The NC and TR always seemed similar to me, and I'm a huge sci-fi fan, so I couldn't pass up laser guns! I also liked the teamwork.

I have to say that out of all 3 empires, VS seemed the most coordinated and cooperative. That's one of the main reasons I chose them.

Of course, each empire has their own tactics. The NC like to hit hard, not just with their guns, with their artillery and soldiers.
TR are a sneaky bunch and tend to favor range (from what I've observed).

I think the best way is to just try out each of them and see what you like best. In any case, welcome to Planetside.

Last edited by Mr DeCastellac; 2012-06-06 at 07:21 PM.