PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Regarding Core combat and the Wasp
View Single Post
Old 2014-05-03, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: Regarding Core combat and the Wasp

Just went in and tested some stuff.

Core combat: Completly gone. Not just the caves, but also all core combat weapons tell me that i need to purchase core combat in order to use them.

A long time ago, the devs basically gave core combat to everyone. Im not entierly sure how, means if they just flagged all old and new accounts, or if they did a server side change. Core combat doesnt show up in my account page, but thats quite possibly due to the All access rollout, and likley unrelated. Entering my Core combat CD key (yep, i still have both the box and the Disk. :P) promotes me with this message: "We're sorry, the code you have entered has already been redeemed or has expired. If you believe you are receiving this message in error please try again. If the issue persists please request assistance at www.soe.com/support." , and this message makes a lot of sense, as i redeemed that code many many years ago.

I belive that something happend server side that makes the game think that I dont have core Combat. May be that the server is trying to check if I own core combat, but the account system just doesnt know anymore what core combat is. Could also be that the game server doesnt start correctly for whatever reason, and misses a vital part for Core combat.

Cyssor: I went there with a Wasp, and shot my own AMS i spawned earlier. It made normal damage as far as i can tell so not OP at all. Potentially because i shot friendlys (no enemys around at time of testing), so will check again later.

Also, the birthday event is switched on. This could for whatever reason also be a source of issues. Nobody knows how broken the game really is in its deep core, so it may be better to just turn off all events.

I shall now go and search this forum for the very first report of the Cave and Wasp bug.