PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why I quit PS1
Thread: Why I quit PS1
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-12, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Crator
Major General

Re: Why I quit PS1

Originally Posted by Metalsheep View Post
A single Combat engineer can palce 20 mines and 10 Spitfires. And a Fortification Engineer can palce 25 mines and 15 spits. (I think thats accurate, i havent CE'd in a while)

BUT, 3 jammer grenades is nowhere near enough to take all that out. Even if your just pushing BD, you're likely to deal with at least 5-10 mines and 3-5 spitfires. Assuming only a single Fort Engi CE'd the base. (8-10 mines and 5 spits per gate.)
I tried to use my words carefully. Such as "usually be enough to take out CE in one area". I'd grab more emp nade packs or a punisher with EMP nades and REXO with a Phenoix if I knew I was trying to go specifically to kill a lot of CE. Although, I've changed my view on punisher emp nades as of late. Having more then two ammo types for the secondary gun on the punisher kinda sucks. Not easy to switch to the type you want with too many types in the load-out. So I switch my punisher nads to reg emp nades in that load-out.

Originally Posted by Metalsheep View Post
Personally i hate the EMP on the Sundy-Bus more than the EMP from the CUD. Its basically a CR5 EMP that you can pop at any time without delay, and it recharges in what... 30ish seconds? the CuD EMP takes 20 minits. Also its 3 cert points that you can drive in Rexo and pull without Tech. Not to mention it carrys the same amount of people as a Galaxy, sports 6 guns AND can pierce a bases Shield Mod. (And the horn, who could ever forget that horn?) Though the guns require other players, the EMP does not, and you can just pull another sundy in 3-5 minits.
Yes, and yet you don't see the Sundy-bus all that often. Why is that? Couldn't be because it's top speed and torque sucks donkey balls, could it? The top speed/torque, along with all other restrictions... Also, a bang bus has a big profile vs. a ground trooper. More likely to get blown up before it gets close.

A counter that a player could throw or launch at the bang bus which stops it in it tracks for x amount of seconds could help a lot with that issue though....

Last edited by Crator; 2012-07-12 at 11:26 AM.