PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A possible explanation of "20% Better At Highest Level"
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Re: A possible explanation of "20% Better At Highest Level"

I think the key to staying grounded and not freaking out about that 20% number is to remember it's the maximum value of increased effectiveness achieved by stacking as many of the dazzling array of cumulative small bonuses available as possible, from multiple sources.

There isn't going to be a "deal 120% weapon damage" ability. There's going to be a "deal 3% more weapon damage" ability, which you can combine with a "fire rate increased by 3%" ability, added to the "reload 5% faster" and "5% increase in clip size" abilities, and weapon modifications granting you .1 second faster iron sights switching, backed up by the "run 2% faster" and "3% higher max armor."

Taken together, and representing a singular focus taken to the maximum benefit possible both in your own time-based certifications and as a member of an outfit exclusively specializing in the same area of expertise.

All compared to somebody who literally logged in for the very first time.

Switch to a different role? Now you're even with that 1 minute newbie. And *behind* the 1 hour newbie who has focused on the role you just switched to.

I'm not worried. There are lots of roles, and all will need doing at some point. Not even the most seasoned veteran is going to be in his element all the time, and that seasoned veteran is going to be the greenest rookie when he's not because he (and his outfit!) chose not to diversify at all.