PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Wow. This place really died, eh?
View Single Post
Old 2014-12-12, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Ghost Runner
Staff Sergeant

Re: Wow. This place really died, eh?

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
But to players hope to have it developed in a very specific direction isn't why you would want to play a game you don't quite enjoy for years.

In fact, it kinda pains you to see the potential and not getting the obvious. When I played it with another PS1 vet, we would get constantly annoyed by the detail designs that were impacting in some way as a rather annoying side-effect that you either could or couldn't do, but were forced to camp or give up or not be able to use attrition as a weapon in fighting a group of people too large to kill all medics at once for instance (we could tackle such a group in PS1 by taking their supplies (destroying terms and AMS) and then removing the med juice from the medics over time). We would constantly rant "why didn't they do this this way? Oh wait that would be like some other game we once played, what was it called again?"

It is a constant source of minor aggravations to play the game and all taken together it just isn't fun anymore. And no, can't switch that off. Tried for half a year.
Yeah mate I hear yah I actually after beta was quite discusted with the state of the game almost didnt come back for 6 months, but I said you know what it is a different game I will try looking at it as a new title rather then a sequal and when I started to do that it became a lot more fun to play.

But I do know exactly what you are saying.
__________________________________________________ _______
Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
having a game that is something more than planetside in just namesake would be nice.

edit: that will probably never happen with the current team at the helm. they drop the ball more than the bears do.
LMAO They have to try pretty hard to catch up to the bears