PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: GU11 Weapon and Resource Tuning Changes
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-15, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Mordelicius
Major

Re: GU11 Weapon and Resource Tuning Changes

Awesome:

Vehicle cost increase - Excellent. Ever since the buff to tank survivability, Planetside 2 has generated to park-a-Prowler-on-a faraway-hill-and-spam-HE. It takes forever to hurt that thing long range and still outdps the counters. When in trouble, they simple back up. I'm also glad the Harassers are more expensive now. And as Flash fan, I don't mind the extra cost.

IRNV Scopes nerf - Pleased as an ironsight fan. About time the scopes start to get balanced.

Shotgun nerf - Very good. Shotguns are far too useful with every little downside. It's murder when a LA uses it too.

ZOE nerf - I much prefer they get nerfed with usage limits. It is far too spammable. Both the NC & TR maxes are highly situational. I've seen too many Zoe dashing, killing then running away, only to come back and do it again.

Underbarrel nerf
- Never used underbarrel but if it is what I think it is: make it not spammable then good.

Awful:

No Sundy Deploy zone - Senselessly arbitrary. Cannot be countered.

Here's a much better alternative: Give a Sunderer a sidegrade spawn/deploy AOE jamming ability. When a jamming Sunderer deploys, (AMS/Ammo tree sidegrade) enemies within the AOE can still deploy a sunderer BUT they can't spawn players from it.

The onus then shifts to the attacker to kill the jamming sunderer. This way, it's dynamic with plenty of tactics that can be used. Isn't this what PS2 has been searching for (Gameplay meta)? The attackers have to be mindful where to drop that spawn Sundy while the defenders will have to find a jamming Sundy placement counter.

Just make the jamming sundy smaller in AOE radius compared to the spawn Sundy area of deploy zone. The spawn Sundy has to be inside this area for it to be effectively 'jammed' from spawning players.

If players want to deny an area to be spawnpoints, it's up to them to deploy the jamming sundy. The back and forth fight with this mechanic will give PS2 combat extra tactical depth.