PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: GU11 Weapon and Resource Tuning Changes
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-15, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Chewy
Major

Re: GU11 Weapon and Resource Tuning Changes

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post

Chewy: Shotguns have been a problem, and still are to a lesser extent, because of the level design in many cases favoring close quarters. This is also why I'm against the NC being so shotgun focused, it will lead to balancing issues when they either become too effective or not near effective enough.
I agree that having NC be the shotgun kids is a HORRID idea. There was never a love for shotguns with me in games at all over the years due to SGs not getting justice to what they are (UP) or being gods over all else (OP). Shotguns are just to hard to balance against other weapon types when they are nothing alike.

For me shotguns have never been a problem. They are shotguns and SHOULD be better in CQC over rifles but be kinda equal to SMGs. That's all SGs have. Iv fought off countless shotgun users within their AOE and walked away. If a shotgun user fails to do a good alpha strike and get the quick kill then they are piss easy to defend against. That is the point of a shotgun, to be a shock weapon that does its job best only in a certain area and is crap in all else.

I am still pissed that NC MAXes are getting another nerf thanks to another shotgun "balance". NC MAXes are getting balanced around fully certed weapons, not stock like all the rest. How the hell is it right that ONLY NC MAXes be balanced around spending 1,000+ certs (2 extended mags + the 2nd arm) while all other MAX AI weapons can kill both infantry and MAXes without any needed upgrades at ranges well beyond that of a shotgun?