PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Devs - Past mistakes and Teamwork (History is important!)
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-13, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Re: Devs - Past mistakes and Teamwork (History is important!)

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Sancs were mostly unnecessary, and were certainly an impediment to getting to the fight. Sure, they weren't all bad, but they were poorly laid out, and the hart timer was just silly. The strongholds on each continent will mean you always have a foothold with vehicle spawning available. Raids can be organized on a controlled continent, or one that is at least empty, and then you can all go spawn in the actual target, or travel there, if there are warpgates.

I realize you guys hate BFRs, but please remember it was the implementation that was bad, not the big stompy robots. They would have been just as bad if they had been heavy tanks. I'm a mechwarrior fan, and hence a fan of big stompy robots. I'd love to see some in the game. I fear BFR hate will prevent this.

Players can really only be trusted to break the game. Little else. Sure, one hopes they collect feedback and use that to guide their decisions, but a balance decided by players would be horrid. They are, in general, far too blinded by self interest.
In what way is organising on an empty continent different to organizing in the sanctuary? As for footholds I don't see how we will get the great feeling of locking a cont if we can never make it fully secure, although I don't know all the details of the foothold system so I can't really comment on it. For all I know the devs could have fixed the problem of locking a cont and having footholds.

As for BFR's there was no reason for them to come in, what roles are left for a big robot? Inevitably they are just there for Rule of Cool and nothing else, if robots are in then replace the tank with a robot. However I'd rather it just be tanks and infantry, the robot in this game is the MAX, I don't think mechs fit into the aesthetic of the game, the BFR's just looked totally out of place in the game.