PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Do you consider the Jackhammer overpowered? (Balance whiners keep out)
View Single Post
Old 2003-12-24, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Cyanide
Major

Originally Posted by BadAsh
A point I'd like to make here... why is it a problem when an infantry guy can get more than 3 quick kills before dying?

HA did not introduce instagib into a game that has vehicular mowing, Reavers, 1-shot infantry kill tanks, orbital strikes for that mass instagib, boomers, Liberator bombers etc... there are dozens of ways to die quickly in this game. Pulling one out of the hat and blaming it for all the woes is just not right IMHO...

You can't compare an infantry weapon to vehicles and CR abilities. First off, the vehicles have to be purchased at a base and then driven to the battle. Even then they're usually destroyed fairly quickly (if the opponent knows what they're doing), at which point you have to buy another one and drive it all the way back to the fight. Not to mention the fact that most powerfull vehicles require 2 or more people to operate effectively, where as the jackhammer is a 1 man insta-gib weapon. Orbital strike not only requires a high CR rank, but it also has a very long timer on it and most infantry can run for cover or out of its radius before it actually goes off. On the other hand, the jackhammer can be purchased at any AMS, tower, or base terminal. You can also use a jackhammer inside where as all the things you mentioned are outside weapons only. I've never seen 2 guys clear a CC room with 4 defenders using a vangaurd or a reaver or an orbital strike, but i've seen it done with jackhammers and surge.