PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Stew
Major

Re: Cockpit View - should it be forced? More options.

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
No way- this isn't scope creep. If they are going to dip their toes in on immersion, let's take the dive and go for it all!

Some people want to say that entry/exit animations are the deal for them. For me, it's looking at the screen in your cockpit and getting actual useful information.

The ultimate immersion would be in say, a Galaxy, you spawn it, and it appears with rear ramp down. You walk in, up to the cockpit, and once there, hit the button to sit down. Brief engine startup sequence, even if one button. As people come in and sit down in their transport seats, lights come on on one of your panels. When that last one comes on, you hit the close ramp button and take off. Then, you've got a multi-waypoint flight path to your landing zone that takes you through the safest known route. You can see that on your HUD and on your map. Etc.
Ur request dont make sens at this point TO much animmation take to much ressource and time to get it done properly the cockpit view was planned since the begining of ps2 developpement the footage they have show early as no cockpit because they were not ready !

iam agains to much animation that could lead to many bugs glitchs and even exploits and also take to much ressource time and $ for no proper use !

A cokpit view is mimmersive and make each vehicules for each empire distincs and make it feel better ! instead of just having red lines purple line and yellow lines .. so yeah

Dont want enter and quit useless animation but i still want a decents cokpit view for every wheel air ground or whatever vehicules !

Last edited by Stew; 2012-04-16 at 08:24 PM.