PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-13, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #597
Fenrys
Major

Re: Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
AI gun is probably almost pointless
What you are saying makes sense in theory, but I'm going to reserve judgement until beta.

For all we know, the AI weapon could be a belt-fed, full-auto sniper rifle that can down 2-3 infantry between shots of the main gun.

Also, an AV 2ndary will probably be pointless most of the time. It can be useful in choke points where the limiting factor is not the number of players in your platoon but how many of them can fit into the front row of the column and take a shot.

For example, in a 4 v 4 fight, where one team has 4 tanks, and one team has 2 tanks with AV 2ndary, the team of 2 might be able to maneuver so that only 2 of the opposing tanks have line of sight. I think the end result of such a fight would probably be that a single 2 person tank is left mostly undamaged, and the other 5 tanks are destroyed. The 4 tank team would have twice the hitpoints, but the 2 tank team would have twice the local firepower and occasionally 4x after a single person tank is blown up but before the next can maneuver to replace it.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2012-03-13 at 04:36 PM.