PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Whats the Worst looking Empire so far?SOE is handicapping TR IMO
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-30, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Re: Whats the Worst looking Empire so far?SOE is handicapping TR IMO

Originally Posted by Lokster View Post
All the empires look more badass than I could have even imagined... Judging by the poll, most people tend to agree.
I am one person who does not agree with that (yet). I wouldn't go as far as to say that this majority is easily pleased and has a worse taste than me, but I admit that this thought has crossed my mind. Perception and the opinions that follow are all highly subjective, so I don't blame anyone.

I am picky when it comes to visuals and I know it. But pointing out the flaws of something is the first step to improvement.

I'm not saying that everything that we have seen so far looks bad or anything. Some things do look fantastic indeed, but others could look (a lot) better with some changes. I understand that they want to give the game a unique look, but I can't agree with the person somewhere above this post, who says that this games art design is better than other AAA Scifi titles. When it comes to Vehicles and the Infantry models, some fall short by quite a bit ... for now. (basic NC Engineer for example: Why does he not have full upper body protection, but instead armor on his thighs? The lower torso equals a big bullseye with a "shoot here" notification for the enemy. Not only is this "unrealistic" but also makes the model look unbalanced and kind of silly in my opinion. The armor on the thighs could do with improvement as well .. it's way too flat and chunky looking)

HOWEVER I do keep in mind that the customisation will play a big role in this game and that the infantry models that we are seeing now are most likely the basic models, that will look alot better once you progress and/or spend some cash.

At least that is what I am hoping for and it would ease my mind if we got some informations about this some time soon together with some more examples. Some things might have been answered already, but I can't keep track of everything: Will there be armor progression/upgrades linked to your level progression (battlerank) like in the first game or are non paying players limited to those basic designs? Textures are obviously a customisation option for the cash shop, but what else can be bought? New helmets (or the option to wear non)? Entirely different armors? My big question is: Can NC classes be customised to look professional and more high tech as opposed to the basic versions? I hope so.

Last edited by BlazingSun; 2012-03-30 at 11:30 AM.