PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Infantry Resources Change
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-11, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Cato
Private

Re: Infantry Resources Change

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
I think that grenades need to have their resource cost doubled to resupply. 45 is way too cheap for the destruction they cause. Not to mention at tech plants and stuff you see people just sitting near a sundy and resupply/spamming nades because they are so cheap you can throw out 20 grenades pretty quickly.
This is what I am getting at. Every base defense many people are spamming nades and rockets constantly. They are supposed to be valuable resources not just a different kind of ammo. I would make sure rockets/ammo packs are cheapish but make nades, and especially nade launcher nades more expensive. Resource gains would also need to be changed.

This could also apply to utility slots in vehicles. Flares/mag burst/ shield/armor even.

The goal is to make resources mean something and prevent spam. When you throw that nade, drop an ammo box, suicide your plane you should feel the loss to some degree. You should need to think about the decisions you make. And not just run around spamming things at random.

This should all be added with an increased resource gain rate. You can always afford some key pieces of equip, just not everything. If you own more of the map you get rewarded with a little more leeway, but still can't just keep spamming everything.

Last edited by Cato; 2012-12-11 at 04:57 PM.