PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Trayvon Martin
Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #662
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Yeah from what I understand of Florida laws after a 1 minute Google search he probably isn't a pedophile. Just a rapist. So, false alarm guys, let's get some more money to give to him for killing that black kid.

As for it being a false accusation, she came forward in March and yet I'm not seeing any information to discredit her story. Presumably cops look into these things when such claims are made. So what reason would you have to doubt her? That it makes your known liar and child killer look bad? Hey, here's a crazy thought, what if Zimmerman actually is a fucking scumbag?
In fairness, the burden of proof is on the positive claim and everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

This, however, does not mean that people can presume to know he's innocent. The proper stance, really, is one of passive observation. Injecting one's own narrative ("Zimmerman killed Trayvon because he hates black people and also he's a rapist"/"Trayvon was a terrorist and that girl just wants money and fame") is intellectually dishonest.