PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Vindicators (VS) are recruiting for PS2. [NA]
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-14, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
DrifterBG
Private

Re: The Vindicators (VS) are recruiting for PS2.

I've been with the Vindicators since the start, and I was there during Outfit Wars on GSK's defense. If I remember correctly, he and I stonewalled anyone who tried to hit the roof. They couldn't get through us no matter how hard they tried.

I have 2 favourite moments in Planetside:

First one was when the islands were new and vehicles were still allowed on them. On the island meant for vehicle combat, all three sides took a base and were bolstering their defenses for what was going to be an EPIC vehicle war.

Having ZeeWeazel (I think) in my mag gunner's seat, we decided to take a look around and take a few pot shots to see what the enemies were up to. We were zooming around and didn't see anything. We went over a dune that lead into a small crater and THERE WERE TONS OF VANGUARDS all crammed in there. Being a magrider, we just travelled over them, with both our guns blazing.

Over voice comms, I remember saying "OH $()# GUYS! THEY'RE ON MY POSITION! A SEA OF VANGUARDS" and they ended up chasing us out of the crater. Pretty sure those at our base saw my lone mag running away from a lot of firepower and our flyers went to work.

The second best was when BarneyNinja and I were leading 2 squads and there saw the 3 day stalemate at Tore was still going on. We were laying siege to it and weren't able to break their defenses.

We got 2 gals together and went over to Cyssor. My galaxy dropped on the roof, and Barney's dropped at the back door. We just dropped, went in, and raped everything inside. Our medics revived any of us who fell.

Our assault was enough to get into the CC and start the hack, our back door offense overwhelmed their defenses allowing us to push them inside of the base. Our fellow VS setup closer AMSes and ran up to support the CC. Within 15 minutes the base was our.

No prouder feeling than 20 of us breaking a 3 day stalemate and getting the job done.