PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Remove camping spawn buildings from meta game
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Miir
Malvision

Re: Remove camping spawn buildings from meta game

Right now every battle ends in spawn camping and I don't see why we should just accept that's how the game needs to be. I don't know about you but I don't play this game to camp. I play for the big battles. Once it gets to that camp stage it needs to end not drag out.

Why not make each outpost easier to defend? Give them some turrets, shielded walls? and like you said a couple spawn locations or escape tunnels or maybe change the layout of the outposts so it forces players out of their tanks and on foot? Add more randomness. Maybe if you own the base you can pod drop in at any time rather than spawn. That would allow you to move outside of the camp zone and push back in or at least create enough of a diverion to push out.

If the SCU had the same sort of system as the Shield Generators where you need to over load them. That might give people time to counter the attack. That might not be a bad option.

Even taking out static spawn points altogether might be a interesting thing to try for a week. Just to see how people adapt.