PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Does anyone else think that bases need to be redesigned?
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-09, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
EVILoHOMER
Major

Does anyone else think that bases need to be redesigned?

I find it funny how we asked for it in Planetside and it never happened, I think the most SOE ever did was add a force field to one base per island or something like that. Now really IMO Planetside 2 needs it as well because bases are actually worse than in Planetside. What myths me though is how they're so giant, but really that is just eye candy because there is hardly any floor plan to them. What SOE could have done is made them into little cities, instead they're basically walls with huts.

They're impossible to defend, I think it's a combo of bad design, with hot dropping and that teleporter that is always ages away from the base that leads right into it. Really all that ever happens is you get spawn camped so you go somewhere else where the fighting is fun. It's not fun for the attacking side either, you come up to the base, the enemy gives up, goes somewhere else and you're stuck there watching the spawns while people fire fireworks and you wait for the countdown timer.

The problem is vehicles can just dominate them and then you just have a cluster fuck inside the tiny floor plan so you have no freedom to move without dying. At least in Planetside the base design had space to them and you could set up defences. Even better though you could just kill the tubes so you don't have to stick around for so long.

I was really hoping for bases to be dense and infantry focused like a normal FPS map, they'd be little cities where vehicles couldn't get around so easily with lots of buildings and places to go. Instead we got what might as well be in a skybox....

I would really love for SOE to redesign the bases one by one. I really think the amp station just needs a roof on it, it's got quite a lot of space inside to be a big complex, sadly it's just dominated by the air. I think that's the simplest to fix as it's the best functioning if it just had a roof. Other bases like the biolab are just a mess and need a total redesign.