PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Balancing Aircraft/AA with Altitude
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-05, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Balancing Aircraft/AA with Altitude

I dislike, in general, the concept of attacking from where another can't shoot you back. My preference would be that lib bombs and gal hot drops must take place within AA range of the ground. The counter to air should not be required to be other air.

The concept of high altitude AA vs low altitude AA is ok, except for the fact that a low altitude aircraft can easily become a high altitude one, and vice versa. If a low altitude AA can just as easily switch to high altitude AA through an alternate fire or alternate ammo, all is good.

In other words, I'm pretty sure the flight ceiling in PS was made arbitrarily low for a very good reason. I'm in favor of raising that, but not really in favor of raising the ceiling you can attack from or drop troops from.

That said, if its impossible to both hover and attack(I'd say no hover, but I want it in for unrelated reasons), doing things such as camping the vehicle pad with a lib would be difficult at best, and as you say its pretty easy for infantry/vehicles to duck out of the way. Gals are still an issue however.