PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: infil mag boots/gloves & "para-sail"
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-28, 06:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Alderego
Corporal

Re: infil mag boots/gloves & "para-sail"

I got to admit that this sounds fun, but there should be some limitations to it like some others pointed out.

I'm quite in favor of making you chose between either the stealth suit, the boots
/gloves or the glider. Limiting what such a light-weight guy can cary and use seems quite logical to me, next to the balance issues that might pop up otherwise

The same goes for where you can "hook up" to a vehicle, maybe just limit it to the bigger ones? Gal/liberator in the sky, tanks/APC on the ground. Something like that.

You could take your idea along a different path though: not a paraglider but a zip-line: Anchor one point where you stand, slide down to another point you shot the line at a certain distance away. Maybe even allowing you and your squad to climb up a vertically hanging line or something? (I'm thinking mostly of the jungle/forest continent here, where hiding in the trees could create interesting possibilities)

Anyway, just ideas I guess