PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
It sounds like Maxes are going to be pretty customizable, so that may have to be the next best thing.
I'm not a fan of maxes honestly. Also this is more of a vehicle, not an indoor unit designed for base defense/offense.
Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
If something is even close to a BFR, people will still call it a BFR. It's like the old expression "perception is 90% of reality". If it is perceived to be similar to a BFR, then it might as well be a BFR. Fair? No, but thats life.
Speak for yourself. I played the game just like the rest of you during that time. I didn't even care when they were overpowered.

It bothered me far more when Reaver rockets killed infantry after a few hits honestly. That seemed far more overpowered than the BFRs ever were. They didn't remove the Reaver. They fixed it.

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
The only good thing about BFRs today in PS1 is that they make excellent bullet magnets.
Indeed. Seems like every time I pulled out my lancer I'd be joined with like 10 of them and the BFR would blow up instantly. That's one of my reasons for making a new mech smaller with less height advantage.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-07-21 at 12:48 PM.