PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2: FPS vs RTS
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-02, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

Planetside 2: FPS vs RTS

As I've noted in another thread, there seems to be a split in the community on which direction Planetside 2 should be going in. Many threads seem to boil down to this question: Should it be more akin to an FPS or RTS? Planetside contains significant portions of both, but if the balance tipped one way or the other, which would you prefer?

FPS: People in the FPS camp believe that the enjoyment of individual players is paramount. The game wouldn't exist if players weren't having fun while playing. And the best way to accomplish that is to focus on the FPS aspects.

RTS: People in the RTS camp believe that, while the game is indeed an FPS, it should expand on its MMO aspect to provide a wide variety of tact and depth on a mass scale.

Which camp do you fall into, if any at all?

Note that these are not just extremes. Just asking that if you had to pick one or the other, which would you pick?

It's important to remember that both camps are right. While I personally believe that they should focus more on depth of tact, it is true that the game has to be fun for someone playing on the battlefield.

Last edited by VioletZero; 2012-02-02 at 07:51 PM.