PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Flash needs a niche/revamp
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-19, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Mordelicius
Major

Re: The Flash needs a niche/revamp

Harassers have pretty much replaced cloaked farmers. Not that I like use that ability myself, but I can't remember when is the last time I've been killed by Wraith Flash.

The problem with Flashes is it cannot share the same space as other vehicles. It cannot go toe to toe (as they shouldn't). If it ever to be useful and a factor in combat again, its niche has to be in the periphery of the field.

If you know their force is coming this or that way. You can lay down mines in advance. Or if you want to risk it, you can do it in the middle of the battle at the risk of getting shot down. As it, even if you risk running around, what's the upside? Nothing, because you'll likely get destroyed more than anything. The damage is not there (as it should), but they have to have different functions.

And do note, I said 'sidegrades'. It means if you have a Minelayer equipped, Scout Radar, Wraith or the Flash Shield Ball would be inactivated. All would be sidegrades.

Scattered mines do not have to be powerful to replace the conventional mines. Say of the 6-8 mines dispersed, running over all of them would give 40% damage to tanks. Now in average, say only 50% (3-4) is run over. So that's only about 20% damage. But that's enough to stop a rush of tank(s) for repair. What's the difference with regular weapon attack and this? The Flash do no have to be exposed. Like I said, they can operate in the periphery.

That would give any Flash fans to use it again. Currently, there's not even a reason to run Flash Scout Radar thanks to the Infiltrator recon dart buff. I have the max level and all I need is ammo to keep the recon spam of the surroundings. And if I pull a Sundy, I can protect the spawn and still recon at the same time. As such I'm running Infiltrator/Sundy as opposed to the old Engineer/Flash Scout Radar combo.