PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Dedicated driver certification for MBT
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-19, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Azren
Sergeant Major

Re: Dedicated driver certification for MBT

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
I thought we already had an idea to make it work and we were weighing out how it stacked up against the standard variant. Introduce the third guy to act as a second gunner. The issue would be giving the magrider a movable turret without giving the standard magrider one. Again, what good will it do to make the new variant substantially better than the original?
It seamed to me that you two were wearing off topic in the direction of personal debate. Any constructive remark is welcome of course.

I do not belive we need to make it stronger, people underestimate how important situational awareness will be. Comming from BF where you only have to keep an eye at a maximum of 16 people, this is no surprise, however in PS2 16 people will be what we will find on top of a small hill, not the entire map. Being aware of what is going on can increase the overall efficancy of the vehicle enough to make up for the need of one more gunner (or loss of one turret).

If it turns out that it's still not enough, maybe an enhanced radar could be added to the dedicated driver tanks.

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
THIS is the perfect time to hammer the idea out, imo. Also, I like the sidegrade idea form the other thread. No need to cert it, just have it a standard option on all MBTs from the get-go.
Keep on hammerin'

Sidegrade or a cert that is free, I don't see the diffrence. I went with cert, because those are already implemented in the game system while selectable modifications of a vehicle (not cert based) are not.

A cert you already learn when creating the character should do the job in my opinion.