PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [Merged] Planetside 2 & TrackIR
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-25, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Re: Planetside 2 & TrackIR

As you see in games like Arma 2 (not my kind of game but Trackir works awesomly in it), its great in vehicles lettin you look around while not changing your movement direction. And its great while in cover on foot. Without it, while crouched you have to move your entire body and weapon, spinning an standing out like a sore thumb, esp if prone where you really stand out if you look around. With the trackir you can just move your head, eliminates the motion that is often the culprit of giving your location away. Its also much faster and accurate.

I've used it many times and its great, would love to see it in PS2. Although it was more wanted for the pilot in me but after seeing im pilot+gunner, i may not do much driving anymore.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.