PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New pic of TR Prowler
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-19, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Shake
Private

Re: New pic of TR Prowler

I don't think mobility beats firepower for tanks though... The role of a tank to me is to be able to take significant amounts of damage and be able to deal big damage out... The vanguard obviously fits that role best. I really think that making the prowler fast at the expense of firepower and durability is just gimping it. Against a decent vanguard driver the prowler will lose every time. I don't think the mobility will be enough to really make a difference, as long as the vanguard driver has decent aim you're just gimping yourself as a tank driver by playing TR.

Beyond that, I still think that the prowler aesthetically looks stupid. Again, its a square, and I don't think people associate square vehicles with speed. The vanguard, to me, looks much faster with its rectangular shape.

I have no problem with the asymmetrical placement of the main canons by the way. I don't really see that as a disadvantage and to be honest I think it looks quite good. The turret of the tank looks fine to me but its square and scrappy looking base looks stupid IMO.