PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 Needs Prone
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-03, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #266
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

I know these are ideas you're just spit balling, but I'm going to address them anyways, just so people don't fixate on them.

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
1) Helps defend by having multiple lines of defenders. 1 line of people lie down. 1 line crouches. and 1 line stands. So not much of an advantage,
That's sort of a silly reason. I can't see people ever doing this. If the area is that crowded they'd just move on a to different spot.

Most of the people who like prone are the ones who go and camp around for an entire match in some secluded spot so that they'll never be in danger ever.

2) Allows a tiny amount of stealth if there is lots of foliage. But not many people will prone 100-200 metres just to sneak into a base.
I guess this one could possibly be construed as one benefit, but it's really not good enough to warrant it's inclusion into the game. As you said, people aren't going to prone across a giant field to sneak up on someone. It could create some silly moments sure, but it's still not a good enough reason to outweigh all the problems it would cause.

In this game, prone just isn't very useful. Mostly fro snipers or defenders to use. But if you want stealth, just cloak or get someone to scout the defences to find a gap in them.
Well said, there's just no place for it in a game like PS. The mechanic just simply wouldn't translate well into the game. Some people just cannot grasp that however.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON