PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - hacking
Thread: hacking
View Single Post
Old 2003-01-05, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Woah woah woah, you're actually comparing capturing a base to healing a squad member??
Hackers are capable of doing far more than simply capturing bases, Dio. I believe I pointed that out earlier. If you'd like, I could find it for you. So, to reply directly, no, I'm not comparing capturing bases to healing a squad member. I'm comparing the duties of a Hacker to healing a squad member. Or at least, I think I am. Could you quote me so I can see what you're referring to?

You can't compare the hacker's role (as we are currently talking about) to a medic. A hacker will have a MUCH harder time hacking a base than a medic healing his buddies. And capping a base is way more important than healing a few troops. One role is meant to be a non stop support role doing his job non stop, the other is part of a task force to do a mission once and celebrate once the mission is a succes.
A Hacker's role is not to capture a base. It's to allow his squad mates to make use of base facilities when in an enemy installation, and to allow for quick and fluid movement while inside the base.

Glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks so, i don't even read them anymore.
Do you also cover your ears when someone tells you something you don't want to hear?