PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - H1Z1 and the cannibalization of Planetside 2
View Single Post
Old 2014-04-14, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
ShadoViper
Staff Sergeant

Re: H1Z1 and the cannibalization of Planetside 2

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
H1Z1 changes nothing with the ongoing development of PlanetSide 2.

Sorry, but I'm going to call bullshit on that 100%. It's clearly having effects and changes on the development. If Clegg is getting pull off of Planetside 2 for The Zombie game, that's a non-debatable change and effect.

I'm not saying the sky is falling about the game, but it's not rocket science to see this games numbers are pretty meh now. Not to mention even the posts and activity on this forum alone are a shadow of what it once was.

As far as the zombie game killing planetside 2 dev, who knows? It wouldnt be the first time SOE put a game by the wayside for itto slowly bleed out and die.

Im guessing with the upcoming release on the PS4, they are still trying to push the game forward. I won't say the game is dead, they are obviously still working on it, but the content & optimization flow has been pathetic. And it's a shame this game has gone the route it did, its turned into a good example of everything I hate about the industry.

But, who knows what the future will bring. I hope the game reaches a new height and becomes an awesome example of what an mmofps should be.

Last edited by ShadoViper; 2014-04-14 at 09:37 PM.