PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - WDS awareness?
Thread: WDS awareness?
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-18, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
blampoet
Corporal

Re: WDS awareness?

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Let me put it another way - what would make it exciting for you?
TL;DR at the bottom

how useful...
no one can agree on anything
and a lot of cross talk...

A DEV ASKED US WHAT HE COULD DO... oppertunity to affect the game ahead... full speed i say.

OK, my 2 cents.

What we're aiming at is bragging rights (you write it enough in you marketing fluff...) TR doesn't need to brag we're the most over-poped... and 3 day xp boost isn't much to brag about...

You want to touch the emotion of LOOK AT ME- I WON

3 ways I can think of doing that

1)
WDS specific items only availabe for the winners (doesn't have to be GIVEN...... but demanding certs for something you achieved would be a douchy move)

*PreSeason winner get a unique vehicular decals (SHOULD NOT BE A NEW tag each week... I would go for an evolving look= win 1 week and you get a simple decal, second week same decal but with an additional element, third week is the week 2 decal but again with again an ADDTIONAL element (kind of like service ribbons with distinction). This way its less work for you and other factions see the decal and want it for themselves (less 4th factioneering)

*WDS mission specific outfit decal (give the less useful SOE team something to do= go through the data and find the= outfit w/ most bases take/ outfit w/ for most bases defended/ outfit w/ most players participated). I know the software/feature isn't ready yet for the player missions, but the data should already be there which means so could the rewards.

*WDS specific horn for winners (let your creative people go nuts)

These are all things which will make players go "I WANT" & do you work for you (BRING & TELL THEIR FRIENDS)

And it doesn't even require as much programmers to do (yes, some of us are aware of terms like resource management)

2)
Name a base after the winning oufit of a WDS week (screw the empire nonsense- loyalty runs to REAL PEOPLE meaning the friends you play with). The bigger the win, the bigger the base. (I know this was mentioned in the player mission sometimes)
(Might be a programming issue here, but you get the idea)

3)
Name the next weapon/vehicle after the winning outfit (this would be a good suspense builder)

NOTE:
Thought would have to be put on balancing between the zergfits and the smaller outfits...
i.e- winner outfit=number of members divided by hours participated. (this'll keep the zombiefits a reason to prune the dead accounts... or actually try to contact their old mates and try to bring them back to play (the newly optimized????) game)

TL;DR
2 key insight here:
***Loyalty does NOT run to the faction but to ones friends=outfit*** =less 4th factioneering
***Rewards should be tangible (and easy for SOE to apply) items that will invoke feelings of ENVY by all who see them in the future.***
There are several cosmetically items or game feature names that could invoke this

*i should be getting paid for this....

Last edited by blampoet; 2013-10-18 at 06:50 AM. Reason: clearification