PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Balancing Factor: Resource Storage Limit
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 06:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: Balancing Factor: Resource Storage Limit

I just remembered, LoL will also lock their new heroes for the first week that a new hero is released so that it can ONLY be purchased with real money for that first week. This also coincidentally coincides with LoL's slow process of balancing the new hero to the rest of the line up (sometimes takes a few days, sometime 2 weeks after release). Dick move to do I know and while I can easily see "SOE" trying to ape that too I do not believe that it will happen as it would at least in part invalidate Higby's repeated promise that no upgrade will be purchasable with real money and that sidegrades will be purchasable with in game money.

And by SOE I mean the Executives that control the IP. There are more than just Smedley to think about in that regard so I don't want to point at him for all that is evil and wrong with Sony executives, but I'm certainly staring very harshly to get the point across as it is part of his responsibility to the company to back up the top end employees.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-04-18 at 07:00 AM.