PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - head shots!!!
Thread: head shots!!!
View Single Post
Old 2002-12-09, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Yeah I can understand that people don't want to get screwed by snipers. I just don't want to see the snipers fun taken away by killing the guns. This game is for those who want to be snipers as well.
You don't need to kill everyone in one or two shots to have fun. Or at least, I hope not. But, if that's the case, then just like a person who has fun by randomly killing his own team, your fun takes away from others.

and b)non snipers will never agree with snipers or would be snipers i'm gonna step back on this debate, don't feel like wasting my energy typing stuff people don't read.
In Tribes, I usually played a sniper. It actually took a lot of skill there, and I found to fun to fight other snipers too, so I knew I wasn't hurting the game by using an unbalanced weapon. So it's not like I'm aiming for snipers to be totally neutered. I just want the class to actually take a good deal of skill to be effective, like a regular assault infantryman would, and to be fun to not only play as, but play against. I understand that you as a player who prefers the sniper role would not want to see anything but beneficial stuff happen to snipers, but that's utilitarianism for you. What's good for the game as a whole supercedes all else. And as Jinxmasta pointed out, snipers can't be as powerful as usual due to the scale of the game.