PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Thoughts On Darklight Vision
View Single Post
Old 2002-12-09, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

It's fair, IMHO. And I don't think everyone will have it. Personally, I wouldn't be worried about Stealthers. I mean, honestly, why be worried? They won't pack a lot of firepower, and once they attack you'll know more or less where they are. It'll be unlikely for one to be able to kill you one-on-one unless you are having a bad day, and/or wearing crap armor and using a garbage weapon.

Also, if you're out in the wilderness, there's virtually no chance you'll get attacked by a Stealther. Your only real worry would be when you're defending an installation. Now, I know what you're thinking... that's where Darklight will screw you. And, you know, I agree. If you, as one guy with a Stealth suit and a non-rifle weapon and knife goes into a base guarded by more than one enemy, you should expect to die, Darklight or not. So how do you counter this? Tactics and coordination. Use a team of Stealthers. Overwhelm the enemies. Surprise is your weapon, not brute force. If you can take them on at least 2 to 1, your chances of success are much higher.