PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Two Questions of "Day and Night"
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-26, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info
Re: Two Questions of "Day and Night"

1: I think you mean how many hours will the day/night cycle be because knowing how long an hour is in game is useless without knowing how many hours are in an Auraixan day. Answer is that they haven't set it yet and probably won't be able to tell us until beta is actually out.

2: Smed talked about how shadows are done really well in forgelight. This indicates that the engine can probably handle the extremes of light to make a proper night. However, I doubt that unless they add night vision we'll be seeing something that dark.

I'd love to see a difference in the intensity of day/night based on where you are on the planet. So the nights wouldn't be as dark near the poles and you could literally chase the sun across the world. That would be the bee's knees, I can also see things like dawn air raids happening by chance and making the world that much more real.
That would kick ass.

Edit:
Well that's what I get for taking an extra 6 minutes to post. Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes the idea of a realistic night.

Last edited by Captain1nsaneo; 2011-07-26 at 09:58 AM.