PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is Planetside heading for worse or for better?
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-18, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Happy lil' Elf
Has it occured to you that with the engine they use they may not be able to fix it short of re-writing the engine or that it may not even be possible with current technology to do what PS does and eliminate warping? It bugs me that there are people seem to think it's a simple matter of changing a couple lines of code and warping would just vanish.

I'll freely admit that I don't know if this is the case, because I don't. It would be nice if people didn't act like they know Surge is being changed only because the Devs are "taking the lazy, easy way out" though because it's not known. Honestly I wish they'd just tell us flat out if it's an issue with the engine that they can't fix, to put some of the bitching to rest if nothing else. Although now that I think about it, them saying that wouldn't matter. There are still people who would believe they're just "taking the easy way out".
You're right honestly. I probably am a bit too quick to accuse them of taking the easy way out. But like you said, we don't know, because they won't tell us! If it's a technical limitation, I will fully accept that and deal with it. But why must they dance around the issue?

A large, even an obscenely large kill count as in the case of Kid, does not validate his opinion more than anyone else. Talent at playing the game does not equate to knowing what is the best for the game.
I didn't say it did, I was just commenting on Hamma's equating his statement to just being an NC.

As far as his opinion being one that "many of the better players have", you can say the exact same thing about Hamma's opinion, my opinion or anyone elses. There's really no way to prove which one of us is full of crap though. If you want to judge by this poll though, I'd say the majority seems to be happy with how Planetside is going /shrug
There really is no way to prove it until the dust settles after the patch goes through. Let's see how many people quit, and if the game is still fun. But a poll on a forum honestly only represents an extremely small sample size of the overall playerbase, and therefore should not be taken as being accurate.