PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Top cause of players leaving PS2 (2014)
View Single Post
Old 2014-08-04, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Re: Top cause of players leaving PS2 (2014)

I've never really understood the rage over headshots in this game.

Objectively, the TTK from getting OSK'd by a sniper that you didn't know was there isn't significantly higher than the TTK from getting killed by random joe with his assault rifle that you didn't know was there- and in a game where there's often 50+ enemies stuffed into one base, the average player will die vastly more times at the hands of a front-line class or a vehicle then they will at the hands of a sniper, and in all instances you probably won't even know they're there until you're dead.

So, why the seemingly arbitrary hate for snipers?

The infiltrator class bugs me because when most people play it they contribute nothing to the war effort- a good sniper will get maybe ten kills in 5 minutes, more in a target rich environment, but killing infantry one at a time from 100 meters away is one of the least vital tasks you can perform in this game, where dozens of players are respawning infinitely and medics can revive a downed player in 1.5 seconds.

When I get killed by snipers though, all I feel is a resounding "meh". If it hadn't been the sniper who got me, it'd have been the light assault, or the heavy assault who entered the room the moment I turned my back, or the Liberator, or the MBT, or the rofl-podding ESf, or or or...

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2014-08-04 at 02:14 AM.