PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So every HA can be an aircraft counter?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Re: So every HA can be an aircraft counter?

Originally Posted by LegioX View Post
Isnt that what certs are for then? Pilots who cert their planes to be air-to-ground aircraft will get owned by pilots who cert their planes to be air-to-air aircraft. I don't see the problem.

Just like in real war, ground guys will be getting pounded by air-to-ground aircraft over a certain point of attack or defense. They call for help, then a group of cert out air-to-air planes show up and clear the skies. That right there is teamwork. Ground units should only have Max's to fight off enemy air. If you don't have that, call in airsupport. Simple.
No, I think the HA AV capabilities should stay. Anything that keeps pilots on their toes is good, and ground troops should be able to defend themselves from airborne threats as well as ground threats. Air-support will not always be available, and air superiority should not be a hard counter to ground forces.

You can't hardwire teamplay into the game. It has to emerge organically through the choices people make within the game.