PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: "We need a hacker!" - Give LA class the Rek
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-03, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Karrade
First Sergeant

Re: "We need a hacker!" - Give LA class the Rek

Originally Posted by kunzadar View Post
The reason an entire squad of engys and medics would be weak is lack of flexibility. The More types of squad members you have the more tactical situations you can respond to. maybe there will be some situations where medics are the only thing you need, but what if a MAX walks in.

Each class should fill a role and add to the squad, but what they do for their squad should be fun. Recon is fun, flanking is fun, shooting people is fun, actively supporting team mates is fun. But having to stay in the rear because your the hacker, then running up and staring at a wall? Personally that sounds quite boring.
Personally it might, but outfits I play with, play to win. I have seen few engineers in this game sitting back very far

PS2 an engineer and a medic, from what we have seen, can cover for most roles? So an entire squad of them acting as a unit, enhances the entire scope of the game (almost) Max's excluded of course.

Fun of course. What I am speaking about, is the only perspective I know to give you, that is of the outfit player. I have always seen Max's + Repair + Medic dominating. If something looks flashy but has little practical use it just won't be used much by good outfits, that's it. LA on occasion for fun, or the occasional advantage, sure, then to a more practical class.

Last edited by Karrade; 2012-07-03 at 04:00 PM.