PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - IDEA for resource system rework. Base resource pools, warpgate radiation, and ANTs.
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-01, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: IDEA for resource system rework. Base resource pools, warpgate radiation, and ANT

Randomized resource veins ? What about health, mana, elixirs and flasks ? I thought this was a FPS ?

Devs are working hard enough trying to rebuild a front, adding valuable objectives spawning randomly seems counter productive.

The idea of the lattice is that at any given moment, a small part of the map is being contested in an very intense fight. So if they just put it back, why add something that goes against it ? Your random resource would have to fall in contested areas.

Want something original ?

Want a better idea for harvesting ? Corpses... Pull a dead body from the front line and bring it back to your closest AMS: get "Salvage" (not "savage") points for it (i.e. resources back) ! And if the corpse is enemy, get extra "glory" points. Of course, the more contested the area is, the more valuable the enemy is, the more glory you get (and the opponent's dogtag too - since we might as well copy BF franchise and improve over it!). And of course, you move slowler and can't shoot (or only handgun) when you pull a body ! (with a time limit before body decays)

If humans used to do that during the war of Troy, this should be in a war simulator ! It may even be fun for some !

Resource mining is for Minecraft.

Last edited by sylphaen; 2013-07-01 at 02:35 PM.