PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is Planetside heading for worse or for better?
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-18, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Happy lil' Elf
As I said, I too wish they'd just come out and say it. I kinda doubt they will though.

As to why they haven't, I can give you a theoretical reason: Because companies generally don't want to publically admit to mistakes if they don't have to. Even considering how complicated PS is, and that I doubt anyone would really be up in arms about it, it's often corperate policy to not admit you messed up unless you really have to.
Look at the bitchfest that's raised anytime they change what they said originally. If they come out and say "we can't fix it" and then by some lucky happenstance, they figure out "wait...if we do X" then people will come out of the woodwork screaming that the Devs KNEW it all along and just wanted to nerf Surgiles as part of some grand plot orchestrated by Sporkfire through coded messages on the forums (LOOK AT THE THIRD LETTER OF EVERY POST TITLE! HE SPELLS OUT "JH BUFF NEXT PATCH" *waits for the gullible amongst us to return*).

Conspiracy nuts are everywhere....watch your back, they're watching you. (For those who missed it, that's irony)